Amazon suggestions

Talking about books

Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel



-----Original Message-----


Tammie, that fabulous girl in hot, humid Florida delights me with her reviews, sometimes of books that I'd never heard about but now I'm itching to read. And I love books!

There was a time when my library at home was mainly romance novel and loads of Jules Verne, Dumas, Conan Doyle, the Illiad, the Oddisey, you get the drift. Then came the classics and darker (at least for me) reading: Bram Stroker, crime novels, lots of biographies, and then the religious subjects. And through all those phases, I kept true to two authors, reading once and again their works: JRR Tolkien and L. M. Montgomery.


But now? If you saw my bookshelves at home (at my parents stayed about 70% of my books) you'd see that half of them are cookbooks! I adore cookbooks, the better if they show a bit of the author.



The Barefoot Contessa books are among my faves. Rachael Ray runs a tight second to Ina. Fr. Rick Curry can't be beat when you talk about soups or bread, and Mark Bittman (The Minimalist) has such awesome recipes with an almost nonchalant approach at cooking that makes his recipes so fresh! The ingredients are a bit hard for me to find, but I substitute!



So tell me... What is your fave recipe book/recipe source?

Enviado desde mi oficina móvil BlackBerry® de Telcel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're the best ct! (it is really humid today, by the way)

for the last year or so my fave cook book has been Apples for Jam. Not only does it have a lot of stuff in it that I've made and are fairly easy, but the pictures are beautiful.

Mark Bittman has been on my list of must haves for a while, although ive never read any of his stuff.

Alhana said...

Mine are Basque cook Karlos Arguiñano's books. Typical Spanish cooking and simple recipes for beginners. His are the only cooking books I have at home!

Libby said...

Oh my goodness, where do I begin??? First off, my mom and I have an addiction to cookbooks. And for me, the prettier the pictures, the better. :-)

My tried-and-true online recipe site is: www.allrecipes.com

My favorite cooking magazine: Rachel Ray (magazine)

In terms of cookbooks, I'll tell you the last one I used: G. Garvin's "Turn Up the Heat". Amazing!

But, a beginner like me, has to have on hand a basic cookbook like Better Homes and Gardens "New Cookbook" for recipes you're too ashamed to admit you don't know how to cook. ;-)

Nishant said...

Not only does it have a lot of stuff in it that I've made and are fairly easy, but the pictures are beautiful.
Domain registration india

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Amazon