I'm trying out the Paypal option to sell the yarn I use on my hats and scarves and so through the blog... see the badge in the right? so if you are interested, let me know if you want any other color and we'll figure it out... The yarn is a delight to work with, very soft and firm. The colors don't run, at least the ones I've made things for myself with, and I've used the very brights and the black, so I don't think there's gonna be any trouble with the rest.
The yarn comes in three kinds: solids, single color variegated (tonal) and multicolor variegated.
Mi big girl is off to her second year of school (first of Kindergarden) and little "Tete" is on her very first day of school... and Mommy doesn't know what to do with herself with her girls away... I'm off to pick them up this minute though! YAAAY!!! love my girls!
1. I remember, I remember when it was I who was going back to school.
2. Dear Disney I want you to know you've made me an estranged citizen of your World!.
3. Is that my life!!???
4. I'm trying to resist the temptation of throwing back my head and howl.
5. I'm saving a prayer just for you!
6. If I made a birthday list hitting the Melate would definitely be on it!!!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing getting ready for my girl's first day of school, tomorrow my plans include winning the Melate and Sunday, I want to finally be able to relax!
Sorry! It was hard to choose between all the wonderful women of whom I really am curious to know those six random things... so I cheated and finally made my list of eight. Looking forward to what you have to say!!!
2. Dumbo (just this morning! LOL!) was the last good book I read or movie I saw or tv show I watched.
3. Everything has its beauty but my girls overdid it!.
4. Pastries and a glass of milk is what I had for dinner.
5. I'd like your week to be great, good for your body and fulfilling for your soul.
6. Home is where I want to be right now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some (very neglected) sewing, tomorrow my plans include finishing the hat I'm crocheting and Sunday, I want to finally get those kids to pay attention to what they are doing when they sing in Mass !
Ok, for the ones that haven't been introduced to the little fellows, acording to Wikipedia, it is literally, a knitted stuffed toy, although lately it is more popular to find them crocheted! there are many flickr groups depicting them, and Ravelry groups as well!!
I wanted to make something small-ish but cute, and I came across this little sweetie... I knew I just had to make it!
(dont know why this paragraphs came out underlined)
"yeah, I make them and mom takes all the credit...!"
It looks kind of weird... promise it is gonna look nice!
And here is the little one! I still have to give her a name, so I'm gonna ask you all to put in your two cents and help me name her!!!! (sorry about the ligth, I took the photos with my phone)
Many hookers are making these cute toys, and some people even collect them. And you can get hundreds of free patterns online if you want to dip your toes in the amigurumi waters without risking investing too much in patterns ! check out THIS blog.. i mean, really... crocheted poo?
You know how sometimes you have no idea what to blog about? I mean, you eat, sleep and breathe but when it comes to writting your blog your mind goes blank? it is not like you have nothing to say, it's just that you think it is not important enough... oh, wait, that would be me.
Well, I ran into this blog entry. It has a list of 50 topics to write a microblog entry about and I thought it would be fun. So, head over there if you feel like it, make your blog about it and let me know when you have done it... it will be fun, and we can hop on and meet new blogosphere friends (if you invite your readers to join in the fun) and get to know the ones you already are aquainted with a little better. No limit in how many topics you choose, so in case you have a major case of blogger's block, you at least have 50 days worth of blogging material!
Number one says to twitter and ask for a random word to blog about. Well, I'm posting a request in twitter, but please challenge me too! give me an usual topic to blog about! be creative!!!!
Or I could review the crazy bed at the begining of the post...
I was going to tell you to go check out the cool scarves my frien Ale has in her shop but... they are sold!!! YAAAY!!! Congrats, girl!
1. Paper Balloon releasing is my favorite summertime festival to see.
2. My favorite John Hughes movies is "Ferris Bueler's day off".
3. Yarn is something I love to touch.
4. The full moon brings a smile to my face.
5. I'm having my first cup of coffee of the day right now.
6. When daylight fades it's time to bring my crochet inside...sigh!.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing my current crochet project while watching a movie with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include working and catching up with blog reading and Sunday, I want to cuddle up with my tribe!
Hello there! how have you been? This week has been quite busy, and I'm happily organizing the Xmas swap (by the way, a few swappers have yet to send me their addresses and prefferences), catching up with the blogs I've not read this week and so on and so forth.
It is hot in here, too hot to work with anything other than cotton! and I've been working on a present for my mom... a doily, that now looks like it will turn out to be a tablecloth! I'm making it with #20 cotton thread and a 1.1 mm hook (if anyone knows the equivalent in US system, please let me know!)
This heat also calls for cool foods, or at least a lot of veggies. Anything heavier is too hard to digest! So I've been having salads (not much to show you in the food department). Even so, since today we are getting together all as a family, mom and I made tamales. As usual, I did not take photos until the pot was closed and sealed and ready to cook! (DUMB ME!) but Mom promised we would make more soon, and this time I will make sure to take photos! have you made tamales...
And since we are having a Xmas ornament swap, do you think I have a chance of getting my present now? there's one thing I really really want... oh well!
So, don't forget to send me the info cause I need to let everyone know who they are sending the stuff to!
Ps: Oh! did I tell you I was told I was crafty... like it was something dirty??? LOL!!!!!! I had to laugh, I couldnt resist it!
First things first: our friend Gloria is having a fantastic giveaway! and it is really easy to enter! just head over to her blog and follow her instructions! you are going to love what she's giving away!!! Be sure to enter!
And the deadline for signing up has closed, so now the list is definitive. Now I need you all peeps who joined the swap to email me with yarn preferences and your postal address! When you all do, I have a litte surprise for you! please let me know if you would rather send to someone in your same country (Alhana, you and I just HAVE to send international! lol!) and I'll try to accomodate it!
I'll be waiting for your info, and then I'll send you individual emails letting you know who your swap partner is...
So if you want to be in the list with the rest of these nice girls (boys are more than welcome too!) leave me a message in this post!!
And those of you who already have enrolled, please email me with your postal address, yarn preference (if any), color of preference (in yarn) and wether you have or not a prefered color for your xmas ornament or if your swap partner can let her creativity fly free! let me know all that info in your email to citlali (dot) talina(at)gmail(dot)com!!!