Amazon suggestions

BOOK REVIEW: The Skin Map

Hello friends! I'm back for a book review... I've been reading a lot of books, and I'm about five reviews behind, so here goes the first...



The Skin Map

by Stephen R. Lawhead

Have you ever taken up a book that later you couldn’t put down? a  book with a story so strong it pulled you immediately and with characters so well developed you could really believe they were real?

Well, that is The Skin Map. It tells the story of Kit Livingstone, who lives an absolutely humdrum life. Even his relationship with his girlfriend Wilhelmina is dull. Then everything around his life gives a somersault and he is immersed in an incredible alternate reality that has him gasping and doubting. 

The Skin Map has a Sci-Fi /Fantasy feeling that feels like it’s tethering on steampunk but isn’t. I enjoyed all the details the author went into so much that I almost  didn’t write this review, just so I did not ruin the surprises in it for you.  

I almost cried out loud when it ended because I really wanted to keep on reading the story, to know what happens next (and having read it in my Kindle and paying no attention to the percentage of the book that had elapsed the ending came as quite a surprise) and it’s written as the first book of a series. I really want to read book number  two! Where will the twists take our heroes – and our villains? 


* A copy of this book was submited to me by Booksneeze for reviewing purposes only. The opinions here expressed are my own and not influenced in any way

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Amazon